| Tributes to boy, 14, who died after being hit by train - Nottinghamshire Posted by Chris from Nailsea at 17:10, 29th November 2025 | ![]() ![]() ![]() |
From the BBC:

Joshua Travis has been named as the teenager who was hit by a train on Wednesday
A 14-year-old boy who was fatally stuck by a train had "so much love to give", his family have said in tribute.
Joshua Travis, a former Nottingham Forest academy footballer, was hit by a train in Burton Joyce, Nottinghamshire, on Wednesday night and died at the scene, British Transport Police (BTP) said.
The teenager's death is not being treated as suspicious. The Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) said it was conducting a "preliminary examination" into the incident.
Other tributes include dozens of floral messages left at the Chestnut Grove footpath level crossing, which has been closed to the public.
In a statement shared by BTP, Joshua's family said: "Josh was a lad with an incredible energy for life, an infectious and mischievous smile, kind sparkling eyes, and so much love to give. He leaves a gap in our lives that is and will always be impossible to fill, and we will miss him forever."
In a tribute shared on social media, Nottingham Forest said: "Everyone at [the club] is deeply saddened to learn of the tragic passing of our former academy goalkeeper Josh Travis. Our thoughts are with Josh's family and friends at this extremely difficult time."

The former Forest academy player was described as a "fantastic goalkeeper" with a "polite and funny nature"
The teenager was a goalkeeper for Gedling-based youth club, Aspire FC, which said it had postponed all its games at the weekend to pay respect to his family.
The club wrote on Facebook: "Josh was a fantastic goalkeeper and a great character in the group. Everybody that came across Josh described him as a pleasure to have around with his polite and funny nature. Josh made a real impact in his age group, both as a footballer but more importantly as a person and will be sorely missed at the club."
Burton Joyce FC said it was devastated by Joshua's death and would be holding a minute's silence at all its games across the weekend in his memory. In a tribute on Facebook, the club said: " The Travis family have been a huge part of our club for so many years, and our hearts are with them during this unimaginable time. Rest peacefully, Josh - you'll always be part of our BJFC family."

Floral tributes have been left at the Chestnut Grove crossing in Burton Joyce, Nottinghamshire
On Friday, groups of young people attended the scene to pay tribute to Joshua.
The Chestnut Grove crossing has been closed for an initial 21 days.
Network Rail said it requested the emergency closure following Joshua's death.
The railway firm's route director for the East Midlands Mark Budden said: "Our immediate thoughts are with the family and friends that have been affected by this tragic incident. Safety is our top priority and we are fully supporting the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) as part of their ongoing inquiries."
RAIB said a decision on any further action in relation to the matter would be taken once evidence gathered by inspectors had been reviewed.














